Saturday, August 30, 2008

Spring...and a girl's thoughts turn to sewing


The weather starts to warm and once again I'm thinking about sewing new clothes for spring. Here are some fabrics all purchased from Spotlight. From left: A printed cotton, stretch red cotton sateen, another printed cotton, lightweight stretch denim, cotton stripe.

The red and denim will become pants, with the other fabrics as shirts/blouses. Now I'm no dressmaker just a humble home sewer, so I like simple easy designs. I wouldn't mind adding a ruffle detail to the small floral print.


I will use my old faithful modified pants pattern but these are the shirts I like to make. I tend to prefer classic styles. At the moment I'm rather fond of denim-style jackets - in bright colours if possible.

Cheers
Ann.

5 comments:

  1. Perfect spring fabrics! Spotlight here has a huge table with loads of $1/metre fabrics - have I been spending up!

    There's nothing wrong with home made clothes, and classic lines are the best way to go. That sort of thing never dates.

    I hope we get to see the end results! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. $1 per metre!! I thought I was snagging a bargain at $5. I wouldn't be able to control myself.

    I will certainly post the finished articles.

    Cheers
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a wonderful addition to your wardrobe.

    I'm sure you'll be ready for spring wearing them.

    -Alice

    ReplyDelete
  4. *giggle* a lot of people haven't been controlling themselves and I've noticed the pile of fabrics has reduced a lot over the last couple of weeks!

    I've just had another look at the fabrics in your photo and noticed that the blue floral in the centre is at our Spotlight too. I keep looking at it with the urge to buy some - maybe I should and we can compare results!

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great idea Jen. It was such a pretty fabric I couldn't resist. I'm thinking a ruffle front...stay tuned.

    Cheers
    Ann

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by.