Saturday, January 20, 2024

materialise

 

Garden Path - a Quilt As You Go project
 
Finished Block size 12 inches



I did finish the Garden Path quilt but after that I took a break from sewing and picked up the knitting needles for the winter.

Life got a little busy after that and well, I’m only now back at the fabric stash. I also have a quilt top needing attention and deciding how to quilt it has been challenging.  

While I dither about it I took out a layer cake from the stash because I’m keen to try a new (to me) way of basting a quilt. I’ll let you know if it works.

Using Brenda Riddle Designs, Ambleside, from Moda Fabrics 2015 and a pattern from You Tuber Sew the Distance.


Also using the iPad to post and comment and having some issues with comments but working through them.

There’s a lot of catching up to do on the blogs I haven’t visited for a while so a cup of tea and some shortbread are needed to sustain me.

Thank you for stopping by. Happy Stitching!





6 comments:

  1. This turned out lovely! Glad you are drawn to the fabrics again, but would love to see the knitting projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see you back to quilting and blogging! The Garden Path quilt is so pretty and hooray for a finish! I can't blame you for knitting through the winter - much easier to curl up with under a quilt and keep warm. And the new stack of fabrics is so pretty, I'm excited to see what it turns into!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back, lovely Ann. 'Tis lovely to visit you once again. Garden Path is a beauty. Have fun with your layer cake of pretties.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good to see you back in Blogland! The finish is lovely and those fabrics are intriguing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by.