Saturday, January 27, 2024

rsc2024 - january

 


Wasn't planning on joining soscrappy’s  RSC 2024 but then I saw a block designed by Lori Holt from Bee in My Bonnet and thought it would be a good one to use.


Lori’s block - Daisy Chain - is one that she designed for a Riley Blake Quilt Along back in 2022. The link takes you to all the patterns for that project.

The Daisy Chain block comes in 10” (too small - didn’t fancy chopping up 1.5” squares) or 20” (too big for me but maybe it’s meant to be a centre block in a quilt).

She has YouTube tutorial here https://youtu.be/IqTk87J6bP8?si=kcTG4-Oi0jyk_V_d.

I also changed one of the fabric prints to a plain because I just don’t have the variety of fabrics to make a copy of Lori’s version but that’s okay. 

So this is a 16” inch block and will be sashed, quilted and then joined with the others to be made over the year.  If I don’t have enough of a particular colour one month, I’ll make a harlequin block instead. I usually make a few of these as I prefer a square quilt to a rectangular one - so I’ll need 16 blocks in total.

Now I plan to make some of Lori’s design boards. They’ve been around for a while but I think I’ll give them a try.

Happy Stitching!



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful block! Lori always has such well-written instructions and beautiful fabric, her projects are hard to resist. (Even if my fabrics aren't always as pretty.) And it looks like you're back to quilting again - hooray!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by.