Saturday, August 8, 2020

scrappy-cat

I'm not sure why this block is called Cat's Cradle. Perhaps it's after the yarn game we played as children. I could make a teacup and cat's whiskers.

Let's just take a moment here to absorb the concept that I have started and finished a quilt . . .

In. The. Same. Year.

Marjorie, bring the smelling salts!

I know, I know. I should have warned you. Prepared you for the shock of it all.

The quilt measures 48 x 60 inches so not big, just a lap quilt. It is a Quilt-As-You-Go construction. 

I really enjoyed making this quilt; quilting this quilt; stitching the backing seams by hand and sewing down the scrappy binding.

I don't seem to have made a noticeable dent in the stash though.

. . . ann . . .

9 comments:

  1. I have decided that stashes have an odd quality if being un-dent-able. (If they could only harness that phenomenon for cars!) But the quilt looks amazing and I love the secondary pattern that comes out when you put all the blocks together. Now comes the big challenge/question - can you go for 2? There are still 4.5 solid months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I LOVE how this came out and so impressed on the start and finish of this quilt. It is a real stunner.... now to go find those smelling salts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely and finished! I think the scraps in my stash multiply while in the bin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, great job! ! ! That is such a pretty scrappy quilt. My favorite kind. It is wonderful when all the work pays off in a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh well....you can always make another gorgeous scrappy quilt to make a dent in that scrappy stash of yours. =) Your Cat's Cradle quilt is beautiful, Ann.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt is awesome! And not only did you finish in the same year, but there is still a lot of time left in this year, so actually you finished it in a matter of months!! Congratulations! I like the way when the blocks are put together there is a secondary pattern of a star! I love scrappy quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very pretty and a bit unusual quilt. I really like it! I'm guessing you'll get another quilt finished before year's end. I'll be watching. ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous quilt!! Congrats on completing it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely scrappy quilt! Love scrappy.
    Lola

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by.