Monday, August 17, 2020

criss-cross

 


Thank you for all the lovely comments on my last post. Since Blogger changed over to the new format, your comments aren't coming through to my email. Obviously, I need to change a setting somewhere.

Withe the Scrappy Cats Cradle finished, I can play with some new fabric and make some of these.


The pattern is All My X's (video tutorial) from the Missouri Star Quilt Co.  They have lots of easy to follow patterns.

It will be a baby quilt for a very modern couple who have created a neutral themed nursery. Apparently, babies can only distinguish black, white and red in the early days.

I'm aiming to finish this one before baby is born - well at least before he/she is three months old.  

Let's not get carried away.

6 comments:

  1. Really....only black, white and red?? Why, I am positive I saw blue. =) Love these fabrics and those X's. What a fun baby quilt it will be...very modern. Isn't the Missouri Star Quilt Co fabulous; so many fun and easy quilting patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blocks look great and that will make a stunning quilt - for baby or not! Sometimes I find color choices limiting, but other times, it works out for the better. From what I see here, it looks like you're doing just fine with the limitations! Good luck getting it done in time - I believe in you! You can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fabrics! Such a lucky baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, sometimes our younger generation have color ideas that are strange to us. I had to make a purple, turquoise, and gray baby quilt a year or two ago. I was glad when it was out of my house. Yours is in colors, that will grow with the little one hopefully, particularly if it is a boy. ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those red and black prints. Would make a lovely bag! All My X's....too funny.. it reminds me of an old county music song sung by George Strait ..All My Exs Live in Texas!;-) Hahaha!
    Not sure link will work!
    https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&sxsrf=ALeKk02PWBrSdy9_iIbgq-JBjYmDbqaRAA:1597702700588&q=george+strait+all+my+ex%27s+live+in+texas&stick=H4sIAAAAAAAAAONgFuLUz9U3MDQrLixW4tFP1zcsNjAtKspOLtISy0620s8tLc5M1k8sKsksLrEqzs9LL37EGMwt8PLHPWEpr0lrTl5jdOHCoVBIjYvNNa8ks6RSSIaLVwphjwaDFDcXgmvFpMHEs4hVPT01vyg9VaG4pCgxs0QhMSdHIbdSIbVCvVghJ7MsVSEzT6EktSKxGAD8d8NTswAAAA&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiw-rKvoqPrAhXP854KHVIDASYQri4wPXoECCIQRA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both quilts are going to be SEW striking!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by.