Sunday, February 4, 2024

basting

 


Since this quilt isn’t for anyone in particular (sometimes it’s good to have a quilt on standby), I thought I’d try the basting method that uses Elmer’s school glue.

Still a bit tricky smoothing out the backing fabric on the batting. I think you need to do more manageable sections and take your time to smooth things out well. A bigger table would be good too.

We’ll see what it’s like to quilt. While I’m waiting for a parcel to arrive in the post, I pulled a jelly roll from the stash to work on. It’s been there a while and it was time to make something with it.

This one only has 23 strips and the pattern I chose Fast Track by a bright corner needs at least 32 strips to make the 42 blocks for the  crib size.

So I decided to remove the two middle rows as I only had enough fabric to make 33 blocks. Borders will be added to make it a larger quilt.



Thought I was rather lucky to find a black and white skull & crossbones print fabric especially since pirate fabric is not in vogue at the moment.

Look at me having multiple projects on the go at the same. What is the world coming to?!


3 comments:

  1. working with more than one project at a time is a necessity for me to keep me from becoming bored! I have not heard of basting a quilt with glue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Basting with glue? I've never heard of that, but if it works, why not! The fabrics are very pretty. And I'm curious what this pirate quilt will become... It seems now that you're quilting again, you've embraced it fully with taking on multiple projects at once... Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm interested in how you basted with glue; sounds fascinating. Those pirate fabrics are going to look great in a crib quilt. Good on you for having several projects in the works.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by.