Sunday, February 11, 2024

diagonal

 



Here’s the design board I made using Lori Holt’s pattern. This one is 18 inches square., Turned out alright. Might even make another one. It’s also a good way to use up smaller lengths of leftover binding.

Did I mention that I’ve decided to name the pirate quilt Jellyroll Roger? Pithy I know.

The pattern sets the blocks on the diagonal and then they are meant to be trimmed back to make a rectangle. Sorry folks, couldn’t bring myself to do that. Decided instead to add triangles at the end of each row. 


It’s going to have extra borders anyway so this will help to give it some girth.

That’s it from me this week. I’m off to make some Cinnamon Oatmeal Raisin muffins.
 
Happy Stitching!



2 comments:

  1. Yum, to the cinnamon oatmeal raisin muffins. I rather love the name of the pirate quilt; it's fun. Those pirate fabrics are looking great sewn together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of adding triangles. I hate to waste good fabric by cutting off corners when a little more effort would give an equally satisfying finish. I'm excited to see the whole thing - such a tease there with the folded top. And I love the name. Clever!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by.