Friday, December 28, 2012

fabric

 
I have a lot of fabric - more than some, not as much as others but enough to keep me in projects for years to come.
 
The layer cakes and jelly rolls are hidden behind that stash of fat quarters. I got a bit carried away in 2011.
 
I have enough quilting magazines to make a stack to the ceiling.
 
So I won't be buying any this year (except backing fabric) and all my pennies will be spent at the long arm quilter who will transform my quilt tops into quilts.
 
In the meantime, I've picked up the pieces of the Crackle Quilt. Remember this?
 
 
I had forgotten how tricky those bias seams were to sew.
 
happy stitching
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Always glad to see the mess of fabric other quilter's have! Makes me feel that I am not alone! I like the crackle quilt even if it's tricky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I am on a no fabric thing too. Got way too much!

    Liri

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to try to stay off the fabric wagon this year too! But you know me! I'm not very successful in carrying out my plans! I had forgotten the crackle quilt, but I'm sure you will take good care of all those bias seams! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  4. The crackle quilt is so awesome, I know you will get it done and enjoy it!
    I really need to be on a fabric fast too. I just have so much it is crazy. My big problem is that working in a quilt shop provides way too much temptation.
    Maybe we can all support each other in our fabric fast.?
    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely to see you back in blogland Ann. Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My stash lives in tubs on the lounge room floor...it's not pretty! So many jelly rolls that ill never get around to!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by.