Sunday, February 22, 2015

speedy


I was trying to remember if I'd ever made a quilt top in a day. Not sure that I have but it is rather a nice feeling. A sense of achievement.

You didn't think I was going to show off the quilt before it's all finished now, did you?

The more industrious among you would have completed the whole quilt in a day but I can never seem to get my act together.

So, next weekend I will quilt this baby and sometime during the week, sew on the binding and a hanging sleeve. Well, that's the plan anyway.

Then. I'll let you see the finished quilt. Can you wait that long?

9 comments:

  1. I can barely finish a quilt top in a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a tease.....but I will wait!! 'Tis looking cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! A finished top always energizes me, though you're one up on me. I've never finished a top in a day. I have occasioanlly made really good progress in a day, but I always stall before it's quite done :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I can wait….. Good for you! Now, with the pressure of having told us your plan, you HAVE to get it finished this week. Hee Hee! It looks pretty cute so far.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun! I love doing simple blocks! And quilts that go together fast are so rewarding--a quick finish is just outstanding! I'll look forward to next week's finish--no overworking for you this week. Just stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That larger owl looks as surprised as you must have been! The quilt is going to be adorable! I'll be watching for its completion; hope life doesn't get in your way, as it so often does with me! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  7. The owl fabric is so cute and the chevrons go with it so well. Hope your plan runs on schedule, I can't wait to see the finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the owl's......you are bad! Cant wait to see the wole quilt :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by.