Sunday, March 8, 2015

honeycomb


You were expecting the sweet stuff now, weren't you?

After seeing this post by crazymomquilts I decided that I wanted to see if I could produce a similar stitch on my Janome QC6260.

Amanda Jean calls it honeycomb quilting.

 crazymomquilts honeycomb quilting

Well I played around a bit and discovered that I can make this stitch so I plan to use it for quilting the owl baby quilt.

The QC6260 has quite a few fancy stitches which I'm never likely to use. Pity it doesn't have alphabets.

Newer sewing machines have a wavy stitch as standard these days but I can't see myself buying a new machine any time soon.


9 comments:

  1. I really like the honeycomb stitch! It will look great on the baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that will look fantastic on the baby quilt! I really should try some of these different machine quilting techniques to get away from straight lines and in the ditch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it and yes, my first thought was, "I didn't know she had bees!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Wish I'd seen it before I began on my purple quilt. ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  5. The stitch looks great! My machine does lots of different stitches, I will have to try some out on an upcoming toddler quilt. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that stitch but havent been able to work it so far; I think I tried on too big a quilt and it didn't run through smoothly enough.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that stitch. Wonder if my Janome has it? I will have to check. I have lots of baby quilts that I need to get done.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the honycomb quilting, it looks greate. Thank you for all of those kind words at my blog. My longarm woud love to quilt for you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by.