Wednesday, February 24, 2010
APQ Blog Buddies Block Swap
Okay, here we go!
We have had enough positive responses to our idea for a block swap that it's time to get down to details.
We have chosen a simple block which will suit a variety of fabrics from reproduction to modern and everything in between. Use light toned fabrics for the other half of the block.
You can make your blocks from scraps or yardage. Our block will be 8 1/2 inches (includes quarter inch seams).
Each month one or two names will be drawn at random to receive that month's blocks. Details will be published on the APQ Blogging Buddies Swap blog.
The number of blocks to be made each month will depend on how many people join the swap and the aim is for each member to receive enough blocks to make a lap quilt. You can make extra blocks for yourself if you would like your quilt to be larger.
You are free to finish the quilt in any way you choose. You may want to embellish your blocks as well.
Important: Please don't join in unless you can make all the blocks required
Some Rules: (necessary I'm afraid)
1. You must have an active blog and put the swap button on your blog (right click and save)
2. You must post your blocks each month on your blog
3. You will be expected to upload images of your blocks and quilt to our Flickr image group.
4. You must have a postal address that you are willing to share with other members of the swap.
5. You must post your blocks to the monthly winner by the due date.
6. You must acknowledge the blocks you receive in a post on your block.
Here is a picture of a quilt made using this block and 1930s prints.
How do you join? Simply leave a comment here on the APQ Blogging Buddies Swap blog. If enough people join, then the swap will run.
I will then ask you to email your details. Please make sure that you are not set to noreplyblogger for emails. Let me know if you aren't sure how to change this setting on your blog.
If you don't want to use your regular email, just setup a new email account on Yahoo or similar.
All further posts about the block swap will appear on APQ Blogging Buddies Swap.
Instructions for making the block will also be posted on the new blog.
Let's get Stitching!
Ann, Marsha and Katie