Friday, February 19, 2010

Judging a Book by its Cover


They say you shouldn't but I was smitten when I saw this one online.

I ordered it from Fabric Patch along with some fabric goodies - a Rural Jardin layer cake and Martinique jelly roll using the Christmas money I received from family.

I was eager to open the parcel when it arrived and held my breath as I opened the cover. Oh my....it has some beautiful projects inside. I could - and probably will - make them all!

I was also fortunate to receive some gifts from blogging friends Nora and Christine and it's not even my birthday. I have been spoiled! Thank you both for your kindness and thoughtfulness.

Nora made a beautiful heart to hang in my sewing room, lots of delicious chocolates, a terrific magazine I haven't seen before, a nifty notepad and some amazing fat quarters.


Christine's local quilt shop had a Superbowl Sale and she posted about her great fabric buys. Little did I know that some of the fabric she bought was meant for me!



Check out that cool snowman card!

I am so fortunate to have made such wonderful friends through blogging and it is a real treat to share our love of quilting and craft.

Thanks a bunch.

Ann

16 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday !!!! I carn't wait to see what you make from your book, it sounds like a lot of good ideas just waiting to be made. As for the fabric yummmy.
    Big Hugs Bec

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your birthday, too Well, Happy Birthday and hope you have a wonderful day doing exactly what you WANT to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you have a lot of fun coming your way with all the new projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what great goodies. Both what you bought and the gifts. The book looks so interesting, I'm gonna check it out! Have a great day!

    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a haul! I'm eager to see what you produce from that beautiful new book, as well as the fabrics. I'm sure you will come up with something special! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ann, it looks to me, that you have much to keep you content and busy for the next while. The book cover is delightful, and I can imagine that what's between the covers must be as well.

    Happy UnBirthday!

    -Alice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Ann, Looks like you will be busy. Such lovely gifts. Your book looks intriging. Must check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Ann, what wonderful things! I look forward to seeing what comes of it all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lot of fantastic goodies! I tried to get a sneak peak inside the book, but it seems that's not going to happen. You'll just have to show us what you make! (Because I need reason to start more projects!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy stuff you have there;) How lucky you are;) Enjoy all the goodies and show what you make of them;)
    Happy Quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing your goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday! What wonderful goodies!

    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. looks like a Lovely Book...Great Goodies.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Ann that book looks really nice...I will have a look out for that one!! Lovely goodies you have received too...Have a great Thursday, nearly the end of the week now...Dzintra♥x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday Ann, and lovely gifts. Enjoy them all!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  16. Did you have birthday......Oh my, Happy Birthday Ann, and a BIG HUG from me :o)))
    There where a lot of godis in your mailbox ...lol.....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by.