Sunday, March 25, 2018

posted



Started by Jan-Maree after an Australian soldier, serving in Germany, was given a quilt by the Americans.

She felt that we could do better and she has. Even after her house burnt to the ground.

The project makes quilts and laundry bags (plus other goodies you can include) for Australia Defence Personnel on serving overseas.

Thousands of bags and quilts have been made so far.

I decided to contribute and made a quilt from a jelly roll and fabric found at Spotlight. Both have posted and are on their way.


the badge (left) is the Regimental badge; the label is specified by Aussie Hero Quilts
Apologies for the ordinary photos as I was rushing to get this in the post.

He's a Corporal in the Royal Australian Army

Thanks Dad, you are an awesome quilt holder - no shoes!

 A bright laundry bag
Last post I bemoaned the throat space on the Janome - a paltry 4.5 inches! Apart from the trials quilting this, I really enjoyed making these for the Corporal and I thank him and his comrades for their service.

It was such a good feeling to finish a project. It's been so long I'd forgotten the feeling! It has spurred me on to work on the other UFOs in the pile.

I hope your weekend had some sewing time.

...ann...


7 comments:

  1. I love your Aussie Hero Quilt, Ann. Love the colours and fabrics. Such a wonderful initiative. The Corporal who is going to receive your lovely quilt will love it. Cool laundry bag, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great project! And a wonderful quilt, too! I'm glad you persevered with the tiny throat space - you sure can't tell the struggle happened. And yay for having it spur you on to work on other UFOs...I look forward to blog posts about them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Quilt! Glad you finished it and that it spurred you forward!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cause and a lovely quilt. Glad the quilting bug has returned.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is beautiful, he is one lucky young man and really deserves the recognition of his service! The laundry bag is great, too. He will always know which one is his! Glad to hear you are inspired to work on some more projects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely quilt for a worthy cause. I'm glad it has given you a nudge to keep working towards more finishes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by.