Tuesday, January 1, 2019

balance


Happy New Year!

As a rule, I steer clear of new year resolutions but I would like to achieve more balance in my life for 2019.

2018 was rather challenging on so many fronts and left me exhausted - mentally and physically. So, time to hit the rest button and look forward rather than backwards.

The break over Christmas has meant reading time (about the Bronte sisters), some family history research and sewing.


My EPP project is receiving some much needed attention. I'd like this quilt to cross the 2019 finish line.

My completed quilt tops from 2017 and last year didn't make it to the longarmer in time due to some indecision on my part with regards to background fabric.





This baby quilt needs quilting


and this quilt needs some work.


Lots to keep me occupied and off the streets (but not out of the fabric shops!).


8 comments:

  1. Here's hoping 2019 is the best year yet! All of your quilts are beautiful, hopefully there will be lots of finishes in the year to come. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got a lot of beautiful quilts! I remember seeing them over the last few years and always look forward to your new projects. You always choose such beautiful fabrics and such calming colors. Very different from the shockingly bright I often choose, so I love to see them even more - it helps me to stretch my imagination. I hope 2019 is a better year for you and you have less stress and more time to sew. Remember your APQ blogging buddies are here cheering you on - on all fronts, not just quilting, though we probably enjoy the quilty posts a touch more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi.....lots to keep you busy! Just popping in to wish you a very Happy New Year! Of course with much Sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your projects in 2019! I have similar goals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Balance"! That is a perfect word for what I need, literally, in my life in 2019 also! That would take care of my vertigo ailments, as well as the day-to-day decisions I make regarding what I do and how. Hope you have a very balanced year ahead. ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your goal to achieve balance in your life. That's still a work in progress in my life too. You have a lot of pretty works in progress, just the thing to relax - as long as you don't fret about artificial deadlines!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope 2019 is a great year for you! Guess what?! I'm taking a quilting class! It's a block a month and the first meeting is next week (it meets once a month.) I'm so excited. I might actually finish a quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did smile at the first picture, Ann. I hope this year will be a better one for you and that you achieve much balance. It can be difficult to balance life at times, can't it. You have so many beautiful quilt tops. It can be bothersome trying to decide how best to quilt a quilt. =) Love, love, love your EPP pretty. It is so nice to visit your place once more.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by.