Saturday, September 27, 2008

Spring Blossom


Although it rained almost all summer last year, prior to that we had experienced a rather prolonged drought. I lost so many plants in the garden. I don't yet have a rainwater tank and couldn't justify keeping decorative plants alive.

One of the few plants to survive was my dwarf Indian Hawthorn (raphiolepsis indica). It's planted in a hot, dry corner and doesn't receive much attention.

Despite that, it seems to have thrived. I certainly delight in it's pretty pink blossom.

Ann

2 comments:

  1. That's good. If a plant can survive the kinds of drought we've had over the last few years then you're definitely on a winner!

    Happy spring to you! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure looks like it is thriving!

    The leaves are turning here... although the forecast for temperature tomorrow is between 21°C and 28°C. I'll miss most of that.. but oh well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by.