Thursday, July 16, 2009

A Week at Home


Now that would be a fantastic opportunity if I wasn't flattened by a head cold. My Boss has ordered me to spend the week at home. Don't need to be asked twice thank you very much.

I actually felt a bit better yesterday and did a little sewing. Sorry about the image - I blame the camera and not the snuffle-headed operator.

Three more borders to go and the top is finished. The quilt was actually meant to be finished for giving this weekend but that's okay. I've been behind schedule all this year. Should have the Christmas presents out by Easter at this rate.

I'll also share with you a little self indulgence (as if this blog isn't enough!)



25 fat quarters of Faye Burgos' Sachet Potpourri. I blame Faye for this. She designed this fabric. She does this a lot you know.

My friend Kelli sent me this fantastic pincushion. Thanks Kelli - I love it!


It feels amazing and the colours are marvellous.

Happy Stitching

10 comments:

  1. Ann..so sorry you do not feel well. Hope you get rid of the awful cold soon.
    Your top is really pretty and I am sure the gift will be received very happily when you have the quilt done. What lovely fats you have there my dear...;-)
    I must say that is one FAR OUT cushie!!!I bet is soft too!!!
    Now don't over do..rest and do the soup and juices!!
    Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pity about your cold, hope you're feeling better soon.

    The quilt is looking fantastic, I'm sure they're happy to wait a little longer - it'll be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt looks amazing , get well soon .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you feel completely yourself soon. Have enjoy that time off.
    Love the fabrics. Who could blame you.
    What a wonderful gift too. Lucky you.
    Take care and hope you feel better soon.
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  5. ((((((hugs))))) hope you feel better soon xxxx The quilt is looking good. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ann from one cold to another...we too have one here!!! Good to see my favourite quilt top...it is absolutely gorgeous...along with those Fat quarters...Take Care, Dzintra♥x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The quilt is gorgeous, not that I was expecting anything less! Your brother will be happy to get it whenever it is finished. As you told me don't worry about being behind, we all are! Take care, sleep lots, drink fluids, well you know the drill.

    Blessed be

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I hope you are feeling better soon! At least well enough to do some more sewing. The quilt is looking fantastic - and those new fabrics? Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you feel better, and I love the fabric and the pincushion.
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you get better soon Ann. Then you will feel like doing some sewing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by.