Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Farewell Old Friend


Vale faithful Pfaff. We've had so many good times together.

How I remember fondly all our sewing adventures - endless kids' costumes, t-shirts, fancy track suits and that bathing suit I never wore. You understood my fascination for Justknits and Knitwit; never criticised my insatiable appetite for cotton spandex and stretch lycra.

I will always remember you. *Sniff*

On a brighter note....these wonderful goodies came in the mail today.



I can't wait to give them both a good run. Guess what? I won my first giveaway - from Lola at and Sew on. Thanks Lola! I am looking forward to receiving my gifts.

Thought I would also join in the Friendship Bag Swap being hosted by Quilting Gallery.


Rachel at p.s. i quilt has a terrific tutorial for a suitable bag. Go check it out.





8 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your dear departed machine. It is a loss.
    Love the cook book too. One of my favorites-I'll need the spandex to accomodate the results from the cookbook. LOL.
    Enjoy the quilting books and thanks for the link. Love the bag.
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your win Ann...its's a great feeling isn't it!!! Sounds like you have had some great times with your old friend...and love the books. Happy reading...Dzintra♥x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you replacing the Pfaff? I have a Pfaff 4.0 Expression and love it.
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Ina and have all her cookbooks :) I recently made her Tuscan Chicken..delish.....Karen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mail goodies are always welcome :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor old Pfaff! I have my Mother-in-law's Baby Lock (on loan) but I don't know if I'll ever enjoy using it! Will you buy a new overlocker? These new ones are amazing with the 'air' threading thingy, that would save a lot of hassle for a start.

    Congrats on the win, and enjoy your books - the quilting motifs one looks especially tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sad to lose a sewing machine, it's losing a good friend! Yummy goodies in the mail can cheer you right up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still remember the day my Baby Lock died.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by.