Sunday, August 16, 2009

Lots of good things


Well, at least I thought so. Put the quilting aside to work on Farmyard Stack. This is an easy quilt to put together. Square in a Square blocks next, then four patch.

Discovered the website for Living Creatively - okay I'm behind the times on this one but lots of interesting stuff including this


A bracelet made from typewriter keys from Mrs Smith jewellery. Unfortunately, the link on the website is broken.

Also featured is Tara Badcock from The Teacosy Revolution. Tara is a textile artist and her work is exciting. She has a particular fondness for creating or transforming the ubiquitous tea cosy and some of her works will be on display at the Sydney Stitches & Craft Show.

You can read the on-line article about Tara here. I'm looking forward to seeing Tara's work up close. She uses an interesting combination of textures and free motion embroidery in her pieces - even the odd exotic feather.

Last, but not least, I *discovered* Ink & Spindle - three incredibly talented Melbourne textile designers. They will be at the Stitches & Craft Show also. Here's their blog.



Happy Stitching

10 comments:

  1. Where did you get that pattern? it is so cute!
    Great job!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Ann I like that bracelet made out of typewriter keys...it's quite unique. Enjoy the show...Dzintra♥x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ann, Your Farmyard Stack are so sweet !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like the farm stack, sounds like some fun times ahead enjoy your self.
    Big Hugs
    Bec

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm very envious of you go to the Stitches & Craft Fair!

    I'm glad that you'll get to see Tara's work 'in the flesh'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute stack Ann.
    I love those textiles!!
    Make some wonderful purses too.
    Sounds like you will be having a great time at the show!!!

    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ann, First I wanted to thank you for your kind words about my Grandmother. She will surely be missed.
    Thanks for all the info too. I also one day lost all my blog links. I still are missing a few, but now I have Tara's back. Great Blog. Take care,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ann - I keep forgetting to send you comments on your blog instead of e-mail - silly me! Love the stack - can't wait to see the chicks! Thanks for all the newsy news and links - a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow that bracelet made from old typewriter keys is so different.
    p.s. love the new material designs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ann,
    I just love the farmyard stack. It is so cute, especially the sheep. Great job.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by.