Friday, August 21, 2009

Stitches & Craft Show - Sydney 2009


The glory days of the show are gone but there were still plenty of good things to see.

Catharina's Country Collection was a terrific stall with a fantastic display of quilts - especially her BOMs. This one is Pond House by Lynette Anderson.


They were one of only a handful of quilt stalls this time. That's because the quilt show is the big event in June.

For me, the top floor held all the surprises - Cloth Fabric, Kristen Doran, Ink & Spindle, Pippiejoe, Audrey & Maude - just to name a few. It was fabulous to see Tara Badcock's tea cosies - so much better *in person*.

I bought some fabrics from Ink & Spindle which I will probably use to make some bags


and some cards from Pippijoe that I plan to use for Christmas. She also had fantastic fabrics.


I saw the platypus designed by Kate from Two Little Banshees . The pattern was featured in Australian Homespun Vol 10 No 1. These are my version made for Jen's new baby Tamsyn after she posted on her blog about how much she enjoys seeing the platypus that live on the creek near her mum's house.



Kate's new design is a cute-as-a-button caterpillar!

Have a super weekend

10 comments:

  1. What alot of fun you had and to see all the fabric and patterns and Ohhhh to much, carn't wait for the Queensland show. I might even have some room for a few things or two or three better stop befor I run out of room.
    Big Hugs
    Bec

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was Dissapointed to miss this one but I will be closer for the next one...I haven't been to this show for over 10yrs since living in Qld...well not for long now..
    The 3rd floor would have been my Favourite too...Glad you had a Good Time...
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had such a great time, it would've been a very inspiring atmosphere.

    I love the Ink & Spindle fabrics, haven't bought any for a while.

    Tamsyn says "thank you" for the platypus!

    ReplyDelete
  4. man, I wish we had shows that were that good here! My town has craft fairs at the Civic Center every other week all spring and early summer so they are hit and miss with the show people/vendors. We do have a nice quilt show every other year and some towns around have better and bigger shows but you have to plan the trips.

    I am glad you got to go and had a good time. It looks like there were some yummy things to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad that you had such a good time!
    The cards are adorable!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable platypus for Baby Tamsyn Ann!!! I have never been to this show but I did see that Pond Quilt at the Canberra Show...and I love it to pieces...mmm maybe I will have to follow your link and see!!! I bought a few thing from this stall including a pattern and d'oyley for that large pin cushion they had at the stall...you might have seen that one...Great post Ann...have a lovely week...Dzintra♥x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes! It was a great show - you bought some great fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those cards are so cute, glad you had a nice time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those platypuses are adorable. Thanks for all those links and great pictures of the quilts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by.